The company Gehling Flugtechnik was established during the mid 1998`s as an independent aircraft maintenance facility, resulting from the takeover of the almost 30 years old Hamaland Aero Service.
The Managing Director Mr. Dieter Gehling, master craftsman, licensed inspector for categories I, II, III, IV, V, member of the board of examiners for the LBA (German Civil Aviation Authorities) and the chamber of commerce.
Facility I: Stadtlohn airfield EDLS approx. 1.800 m² hangar area
Facility II: Stadtlohn airfield EDLS Avionic equipment installation, overhaul and repair workshop
Facility II: Magdeburg airfield EDBM approx. 500 m² hangar area
At present there are a total of 16 employees (from 3 nationalities) working at the 3 facilities. Some of them were transferred from the previous company. Together they represent more than 200 years experience in the art of aircraft maintenance technique. Nevertheless, they are a young, dynamic team. Their aim is to deliver excellent workmanship with the required flexibility.
On both locations the company is certified from the LBA and EASA to carry out the following:
– The entire maintenance and repair schedule for piston engined aircraft up to a MPTOW of 5.700 kgs, constructed of Wood, Mixed Wood – Metal, Carbon-Fibre and Metal, Cessna 208.
– The entire maintenance and repair schedule for UL`s, Motor Gliders and Gliders.
– Overhaul and repair on designated engines and propellers.
– Avionic installation, overhaul and repair from various manufactures.
– Both location are Comco-ITB, AutoGyro maintenance interconnection and CAMO+ certified.
– Last but not least, we give young women and men the opportunity to undertake a 3 year approved apprenticeship course, designed to qualify them as certified mechanics at it`s conclusion.
In our field, we are a medium – sized company, providing services for more than 450 aircraft. Many of our customers are from abroad. They come from commercial, general and private aviation sectors. We treat each customer according to their individual needs in a friendly, courteous, fair and competent manner, with trustworthy advice in line with our mission statement: